Versalift TMD Series Digger Derrick
The TMD Series is offered in four models:
Versalift offers the TMD Series Digger Derrick,
- Boom Assembly: Both lower and intermediate booms are constructed of high strength steel, while the upper boom is made of high-strength fiberglass.
- Insulation: The fiberglass construction of the upper boom is certified for 46kV and below in accordance with ANSI A10.31 dielectric rating requirements.
- Boom Lift Cylinder: Two double-acting hydraulic cylinders—each with dual counterbalance holding valves, and self-aligning spherical bearing—drive the extension system.
- Rotation Drive: Rotation is hydraulically driven utilizing a worm and spur gear acting on a shear ball rotation bearing. The gearbox features a load sense that measures side loads applied to the boom.
- Turntable Winch: Utilizing its worm gearbox, hydraulic motor, holding valve, and drum, the winch—at 15,000 lb maximum capacity—provides an average line speed of 35 fpm at 40 gpm flow.
- Hydraulic Overload Protection: Overload protection is non-electronic. The pure hydraulic system senses the boom lift cylinder pressure and side loads at the rotation gearbox and disables operation of major components when an overload condition is detected.
- Continuous Rotation: Continuous and unrestricted in either direction.
- Pins, Bearings, and Lubrication: Main pivot and cylinder joints use high-strength hard chrome plated steel pins with fiberglass reinforced Teflon non-lube bearings.
- Hydraulic System: An open center tandem system provides the digger and winch circuit with 40 gpm, and 15 gpm for the boom functions. The digger/winch circuit operates at 2300 psi and the boom circuit operates at 2600 psi.
- 52 In Tall Pedestal: The steel fabrication incorporates a 1.5” thick top plate, machined flat to support the rotation bearing.
- Lower Panel Control Gauges: The digger/winch pressure gauge senses pressure generated while using the digger and winch; the boom pressure gauge senses the pressure generated while using the boom control valve.
- Engine Start/Stop Control: Operated by a toggle switch at the lower controls.
No matter if the terrain is soft, dry, or rocky, you can dig through a variety of types of soil with ease when operating our hydraulically powered augers. With sheave heights of 42’, 45’, 47’, and 50’, our Digger Derricks use a single double-acting boom lift cylinder to hoist poles or lift large materials at 23,900-27,800 lb. maximum capability. Our TMD’s powerful winch is turret-mounted and has a capability of 15,000 lbs. at a 10-foot radius. Save time with complete control of your line at an average line speed of 35 fpm with our sheave heights ranging from 42-50 feet at 40gpm flow.
Butler builds utility trailers for almost any application.